Friday, March 7, 2008

"Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys"


So I think we have gained new ground in what it means to be Texan. This past Thursday we attended the Houston Livestock and Rodeo Show! We didn't actually get to see the rodeo because that part happens in the evening and this outing was more for Bo's enjoyment. And I think you can tell by the pictures, he had no problem enjoying himself! There was tons to see and touch and do. Pony rides, petting zoos, carnival rides (not running due to inclement weather), pig races, mutton bustin' (click here to find out), cow milking, etc. We ended our fun with a nice cheeseburger, chili dog and french fries lunch with a funnel cake for dessert. Good day for the Sanders, bad day for the digestive system.

Parking = $7
Admission = $7/adult
Pony Ride = $5 (outrageous!)
Cheeseburger, fries, chili dog and funnel cake = $20

Wearing your kid out at the rodeo so he naps for several hours = priceless







3 comments:

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Oh my goodness that looks like so much fun! I bet Bo had a BLAST! Jacks would love to do that too.

lindley said...

How adorable! I loved him hugging the goat! Yep--the fair/rodeo or whatever it's called in different places is a hit with the kiddos!

John Pennylegion said...

Sara,
Hey this is Penny. I came by your blog through the Carsons. Can I just say - I love the miseducation of Lauren Hill; I can't remember song titles but I know I enjoyed the album.