Saturday, June 14, 2008

Big News...


View Larger Map

No, we are not pregnant. We are MOVING!! Robert has accepted a position teaching art and photography at a small Christian private school in a city called Sugar Land. It's just outside of Houston. (see map) We are really excited about this new job as it gets Robert back into art, which is a huge passion and a huge talent of his. Something some of you may have never known about him! He is a quiet man and definitely not one to boast.

The Lord has provided greatly for us in our search for a home. We put in a competing offer (which later we found out was the lower offer) on a house, and they accepted ours! As my good friend and mentor, Jody, would say, "God's fingerprints are all over this!" Through the process of transitioning and house hunting, I found myself becoming anxious (fear) and have been convicted of my lack of trust that the Lord would provide. Not that I was constantly not trusting, but it was very easy to fear that, well, frankly, I wouldn't get what I wanted! How selfish! Gross. But a quote from the little book entitled, Jesus Calling, helped me in my times of fear..."Let trust and thankfulness stand guard...". Trust to drive away fear and thankfulness to drive away discontent. I think whatever our situations, this is always a good word.

So, we are definitely excited about getting out of apartment living and into a nice little neighborhood, with a community pool!! We also have a great backyard (see below)and am so excited that we won't have to drive to the park just to play outside! And, a friend from church lives in the neighborhood, and her 2nd son is Bo's age! Why was I fearful and lacked faith?



Lord willing, the inspection will go well and our closing date will be on/around July 11th. Robert will start his new job Aug. 7th or 8th.

Also, Lord willing, we will be leaving tomorrow (Sunday), to head to Pensacola, FL, for our high school beach trip. We are meeting up with our old youth group from Memphis! I am so excited to get to go to the beach, and see old friends! This will be Bo's first extended time at the beach, so I am excited to see how he likes it!

Finally, I leave you with this...I call it, "Camo Cowboy Conductor" or "What happens when a toddler picks out his outfit in the middle of summer".





4 comments:

stephanie said...

Congratulations!

Allison Bickers said...

I love the boots and diapers look!!
Congratulations on the job and the house :).

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Sugarland is a great place. My Aunt and Uncle live there.

And I hope the beach is fun. I bet Bo will have a blast.

- Andy P.

lindley said...

That's really exciting! Having a house and yard---all so much fun! Love all of your latest pics too---by the way--you look awesome!!!