Friday, June 5, 2009

Playing "Baby"

This past week, since Baby Boy Sanders is coming soon, we have been pulling out baby gear, washing clothes, and trying to prepare Bo for some of the changes that are in store. I think Bo knows that his baby brother is going to be here soon, but I believe most of his excitement comes from sleeping in his new tent, his new movie "Cars" and anticipating the arrival of G.G. and Grandad (my mom and dad).

When the baby gear started coming out, Bo was asking lots of questions. So I told him to go get one of his stuffed animals and I would show him how all the stuff works. Some of the animals he brought me were too small and too big, but the one that fit the best was "The Grinch"! So we decided to diaper and dress the Grinch, and he could be our "baby". So the Grinch has been strapped in the car seat, has taken a ride in the swing, and been toted around to pretend parks (in the house) to picnic. Bo has also been patiently waiting for Daddy to clean out the car, so we can put the car seat in and the Grinch can ride next to him! This has all been quite hysterical to watch and pretend with Bo. I can only hope that our real baby bears absolutely no resemblance to our pretend one!





3 comments:

Tracy Carson said...

How cute! What a great idea!

Jeanine said...

Sara, you were born to be a momma. I wish I was there. Thanks so much for the update and the photos and Bo and Baby Grinch. How wonderful!

MLS said...

This post is adorable!! I love it.
I can't wait to hear more about baby boy Sanders!