Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Meeting God

B1 and I had a great conversation at breakfast this morning. (After the 10 minute long debate about having 3 snacks for school instead of just 2...and yes, I gave in and gave it to him.) We were talking about the Bible and ended up on Revelations...again.

Me: The Bible is true.

B1: But it is not real.

Me: Yes it is.

B1: It's not real, like me and you.

Me: Oh, you mean like alive, living.

B1: Yeah.

Me: No it's not....well, actually the Bible says that God's Word is living and active. It's doesn't breathe or need to eat or grow. But it's alive in a different way.

B1: (look on his face like "I don't understand".) It has an ending.

Me: Yeah. You know what happens at the end? Jesus comes back to take everybody who believes in him to heaven! That's in Revelations.

B1: Up is space.

Me: Huh?

B1: If you go up from earth, you go to space.

Me: Do you think we'll go through space to get to heaven?

B1: Yeah.

Me: I don't know. I don't think so, but we'll see.


A few moments later...

B1: I'm gonna be shy.

Me: When you meet God?

B1: Yeah.

Me: That's okay.

B1: Not a lot shy. Just a little.

Me: What are you going to tell Him?

B1: About when the hurricane came at our old house, on the old earth, and we had candles.



Man, I love that kid.

No comments: