Saturday, October 6, 2007

Bo's First School Art Project

Our Women's Bible Study at our church started recently. It is for all-aged women, so our small group is pretty diverse. We are doing a study called, The Ways of Wisdom, written by Kathleen Buswell Nielson. She is the wife of the President of Covenant College at Lookout Mountain, GA. I think it is going to be a good study, although very different from the studies I did in Mother's Heart back in Memphis. The study is definitely more-in depth as far as actually "studying" the Scriptures go. There is very little commentary, if any, and no application questions. So it definitely takes more thought to actually apply what the Scriptures are saying. I hadn't realized this until the 3rd week, because I was so used to the practical things being laid out in front of me. And I realized, after hearing all the deep thoughts that my small group shared, that I had just been filling in the blanks. So this week, I will definitely be more diligent and intentional in my bible study time. I think the running joke for the bible study is that we won't so much be wiser when we finish the study, but we will definitely know when and how we are being foolish!!

All that said, Bo brought home his first art project from the nursery! How fun! It is currently hanging on the fridge...I couldn't resist!

No comments: