Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles...and Drawing

First of all, a HUGE thanks to all of you who showed your love through commenting! Much love back to ya. I just needed some reassurance that at least a few people were reading and keeping up with the Sanders. Thanks to all of you who read...now I know you are out there.


There have been some things that I thought Bo might be obsessed with before, but this is a new record. He received the blue engine and the coal car for his birthday from Uncle Jon and Aunt Amy while we were in GA. Ever since then he has been asking about "more trains" and "more track". Knowing that he couldn't really play with only one piece of track, we ordered a set, "The Wild West Set" and eagerly awaited its arrival. It arrived last Thursday, and no exaggerating...he has not stopped playing with it. Questions/statements like, "Are you ready to eat?, Do you want to go to the park?, Do you want to go swimming?, Let's go take a nap," used to be answered with an emphatic "yes", for the most part. Now the answer is, "I want to play with trains." One great benefit is that I actually have gotten a lot done around the house with him being so enthralled with these things. It's also just fun to watch him play, and start to pretend. He's growing up so fast! I feel really, really blessed....he's an awesome kid.

The Engineer

How many helicopters do you see? Multiply that number by about 52 and you get the number of helicopters I've actually drawn the past couple of months.

As you can see, we know the Sesame Street characters. It was fun learning how to draw them. You never know when that might come in handy someday!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

I'm very impressed with your drawing abilities. Wow.

amy said...

abby wants to know if you are still on the airplane. :)

so glad that he is loving trains. all of my friends of boys say that trains have been their saving grace.

love you.

Jones Family said...

Sara...I didn't know you were such an artist...seriously! You won't see any of my drawing attempts posted on our blog!!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Jacks loves his trains too. He has just recently begun to love his train table, probably because we've had to spend a lot of time upstairs so I can get the baby stuff together. He is definitely obsessed with airplanes and helicoptors as well!