Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What Do You Know For Sure?


Now, before you go all crazy about Oprah being on my blog, I have a great point. And I knew it would get your attention. hehehe

So, now that I have your attention...I did my grocery shopping after Bo went to bed Monday night. (yeah for toddler free shopping!!!!) I was in the check-out line skimming over the pictures and headliners for all those "lovely" supermarket check-out line magazines, when I read, in very large print, today's blog title on Oprah's magazine. Boy, was I curious about what I might find in this article. I was tempted to buy it just to have time to read the numerous pages dedicated to this topic. After skimming a few thoughts, I decided it wasn't worth it. But I made a point to remember the little I did read, and to decide this was a question worth some thought.

Two thoughts from others concerning "what they know for sure".

- The real first responders in a natural disaster are the people who go through it. (some lady, who I think is somewhat important somewhere)

- You can't get a good meat pie in LA. (the actor on that new show "The Mentalist".)


I asked myself, "What DO I know for sure?" I think it's extremely relevant right now, with a major election coming up, gas prices roller coastering and the economy - well, who knows what's going to happen with that.

So, I've decided to do my own short list of "What I Know For Sure".

1) I'm going to Heaven, no matter what.

2) Jesus LOVES me. He is very fond of me.

3) When someone loves my child, they are loving me even more.

4) When someone hurts my child, they are hurting me even more. (And making me extremely angry.)

5) Nothing is ever "free". Everything costs somebody something.

6) I'm a jeans and t-shirt type of girl.

7) I do not drink or like coffee, or anything that is coffee-flavored, and I never will. (feel free to check back with me many years from now, if you are at all doubtful that I will stick to this...I dare ya.)

8) "God is good. And everything He does is good." Psalms 119:68

9) You can not get auto or home insurance 3 days before a hurricane is projected to hit your city/town of residence.

10) Only mom can make my favorite meal taste so good.

11) Our nation's priorities - from top to bottom - are backwards. We pay more for entertainment than we do for education. Then we expect the schools, with the little money they do have, to save our children because they're not being raised with the right priorities and character in the home.


Your turn. What do YOU know for sure? I challenge all my blogging friends and nonbloggers to make your own list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things I know for sure:
-you need to put pics up of Bo's Halloween costume.
-Kids these days are growing up in a totally different culture than we did...and they need us more than ever.
-being married is the hardest job you'll ever have and so worth it.
-I miss dear college friends who are scattered around America.
-God is good.
-Chocolate is my weakness.
-We should outlaw guns...too many children find them and hurt others.
-a child's laugh is the best medicine.

Anonymous said...

I forgot one:
-I did not choose my career path because it paid well....I am paid in things that money could never buy.